Duration: 4 hours
Number of students: 3-6
Pricing: $75 per person
Diet: vegetarian, vegan, pescetarian, gluten-free
While Thai food is not traditionally perceived as purely vegan, the traditional recipes are adjustable. Thai ingredients are now available in local Austin supermarkets, including Central Market and specialized Asian markets. There is every reason to accept Thai food into your cooking routine. It is adjustable to your taste and based on fresh and affordable ingredients. Home cooked Thai food is healthy, beautiful, and fast to cook.
Price includes expert instruction, demo, practice, and tasting of Som Tam (green papaya salad), Tom Yum soup, stir-fry and curry with the ingredients of your choice, and a dessert.
BLOCK 3V: Popular Thai vegetarian dishes.
You will learn:
- Basic knife skills to work with vegetables
- Common basic and basic Thai cooking methods and tools
- Specific for Thai cuisine ingredients and where to buy them in Austin or on-line
- How to create and adjust Thai flavors to your individual taste
- Wellness benefits of some ingredients and cooking methods
- How to organize Thai cooking at home efficiently
- Sources to continue your culinary adventure
You will learn:
- Pescaterian or Vegan Nam Phrik: about nam phrik types, ingredients and where to buy them in Austin, making, storing, using
- Pescaterian or Vegan Salad Dressing: ingredients, adjusted to your personal taste, storing, using
- Thai iced tea
- Peanut dipping sauce/dressing
- Green papaya palad — Som Tam
- Vegetarian roasted chili paste for soup/dipping sauce — Nam Prik Pao
- Vegetarian hot and sour soup — Tom Yum
- Vegetarian stir-fry with vegetables of your choice
- Vegetarian curry of your choice
- Pink taro and coconut truffles
Appearance. Please make sure your nails are well groomed and clean. If you have long hair, tie it back or cover it. Have comfortable clothes and shoes. I’ll provide you with an apron.
Please, let me know if you have any food or kitchen chemicals allergies.request class