Duration: 4 hours
Number of students: 3-6
Pricing: $70 per person
Diet: pescetarian, gluten-free
Thai ingredients are now available in local Austin supermarkets, including Central Market and specialized Asian markets. There is every reason to accept Thai food into your cooking routine. It is adjustable to your taste and based on fresh and affordable ingredients. Home cooked Thai food is healthy, beautiful, and fast to cook.
Price includes expert instruction, demo, practice, and tasting of popular Thai seafood dishes.
BLOCK 3S: Baked, Steamed, and Simmered Seafood.
You will learn:
- Featuring Key Thai Ingredients: Seafood, Galangal, Lemongrass, Kaffir Lime, Coconut Milk
- Frozen and Fresh Ingredients: where to buy them in Austin, choosing, storing, cooking
- Cooking Fish: using banana leaves, 2-step flavoring
- Cooking Mussels: fresh or frozen, choosing, storing, cooking
- Cooking Thai Seafood Coconut Soup: cooking different types of seafood to perfection
- Thai Iced Tea
- Baked Fish in Banana Leaf — Haw Mok
- Pan-Steamed Mussels — Hoi Ma-Laeng Poo Ob
- Steamed Fish with Lime and Garlick Dressing — Pla Neung Manao
- Galangal and Coconut Soup with Prawns — Tom Kha Thale
Appearance. Please make sure your nails are well groomed and clean. If you have long hair, tie it back or cover it. Have comfortable clothes and shoes. I’ll provide you with an apron.
Please, let me know if you have any food or kitchen chemicals allergies.request class