I want to hire you. What are the steps?

  1. REQUEST PERSONAL CHEF SERVICES to check my availability, if you have date and time preferences.
  2. Once I confirm my availability, we discuss and finalize the initial menu choices and the price.
  3. You confirm with the other guests that the menu is up to their eating preferences. After that, I mark my calendar for the date and time as booked. I’ll ask you for the host’s Zip code to make sure it’s within my traveling distance (no longer than 1 hour of driving). If not, I charge +15%.
  4. Please expect an email two days before the event asking for confirmation. You can cancel or postpone your reservation free of charge once up until that moment. After your confirmation, I start shopping for the ingredients for a specified number of guests. Any cancellations after that moment are 50% of the negotiated price per person (or per group if the whole group cancels).
  5. I collect payment in full at the end of the event, check (preferred, pay to Lyukum Cooking Lab), PayPal (with invoice), or cash. Gratitudes are appreciated.

I hired you. How should I prepare the day of the event?

Usually, I arrive at my client’s kitchen in advance for about 1 to 2 hours. You have an option to set the table (plates, utensils, napkins, barware, glasses, etc.) or I can bring some tableware (e.g., for ethnic menus) for an additional price. I do my best to keep your kitchen clean. Please note, cleaning the kitchen and washing the dishes after the event is not included in the price.

I can make recommendations to pair food and drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. If you are traveling to ATX, I can help you to get them for the event. You will be provided with the receipts for the cost of ingredients and drinks.

Are you interested in private chef offers?

No. A private chef is an employee of an individual or family and cooks exclusively for that client. I enjoy cooking for clients who challenge me with different creative cooking ideas.

Where do you get your ingredients?

High-quality food starts with high-quality ingredients. Over the years, I found trustworthy local and online stores as well as organic foods suppliers and farmers. I openly share my sources with clients during the menu discussion.

What food preferences can you accommodate?

Any. As a rule, I ask my clients to have the same menu items for 80% of the group. I can make modifications for the rest of 20%.

Are there any personal jobs you reject?

I am not interested in cooking the food you can buy at supermarkets or chain restaurants.

How can I ask a question about your personal chef services you didn’t answer here?

Feel free to leave a voice mail with your question and contact information at (512) 535-6921 or email me at [email protected]

LET'S COOK TOGETHER!

#LYcooking #lyukumcookinglab

new recipes
in your inbox

Subscribe to Lyukum Cooking Lab mailing list to get updates to online recipe collection to your email inbox.