Are your classes for beginners or experienced cooks?
I help my clients start from the beginning, advance their skills in the home kitchen, and master any unique cooking methods I know.
What classes do you suggest for beginners?
Begin with your favorite food. Make your first cooking class practical and encouraging. The more you practice in the kitchen, the easier it becomes.
If your questions in the kitchen often start with “why” and you prefer a systematic approach, begin with basic skills and knowledge. It will help you to create a matrix for a better understanding of why specific ingredients, cooking methods, temperatures, and timing work this way or another.
Can I customize the time when the class starts?
I suggest to start morning classes at 10:30 am to finish at lunch and evening classes — at 3-4 pm to finish in time for dinner. Though it is not a rule and the hours can be customized for the convenience of your group. You have an option to choose five-hour classes with a field trip to a grocery store for additional focus on choosing your ingredients.
Do you teach in your clients’ kitchen?
Yes. An additional travel fee of 15% will apply in case you choose the convenience of training in your kitchen.
What style are your group classes?
Most of my classes are either demo and tasting or hands-on.
- Demonstration and tasting classes are for groups of 4 to 12 to explore a variety of recipes. Observe how food is prepared, taste it on different stages and sample the final result. Get answers to all hows and whys related to the class topic. You are welcome to take pictures and videos for future reference during the class.
- Hands-on classes are for groups of 3 to 8 to master specific skills. We concentrate on one recipe or one cooking method. Hands-on classes end with lunch or dinner to eat the food that was prepared during the class and discuss class details. You are welcome to take pictures of your food at the end of the class.
Do you offer private classes for couples?
Classes for two are designed to create an experience that allows you to connect with a friend or a loved one through a shared culinary adventure. Choose your menu and participate in cooking and presenting a meal together. These classes are 2-3 hours long, $75 (on a weekday)/$100 (on the weekend) per person.
Do you teach one-on-one classes?
I offer a set of weekly or monthly one-on-one classes which purpose is to deliver the most efficient results for those looking to improve their cooking skills noticeably. Based on your needs and budget, you can select a program with weekly menus, as well as personalized recipes adjusted to your taste, and the convenience of training in your kitchen. These classes are 4 hours long, $150 (on a weekday)/$200 (on the weekend) and can take place in my kitchen or yours. An additional travel fee of 15% will apply in case you choose the convenience of training in your kitchen.
I want to hire you. What are the steps?
- REQUEST COOKING CLASS to check my availability, if you have date and time preferences.
- Once I confirm my availability, we discuss, finalize, and document details. I mark my calendar as booked.
- Please expect an email two days before the event asking for confirmation. You can cancel or postpone your reservation free of charge once up until that moment. After your confirmation, I start shopping for the ingredients for a specified number of guests. Any cancellations after that moment are 50% of the negotiated price per person (or per group if the whole group cancels).
- I collect payment in full at the end of the event, check (preferred, pay to Lyukum Cooking Lab) or cash. Gratitudes are appreciated.
What happens if I can’t come to class?
If you can’t make it to class, you are welcome to give your ticket to a friend or family member. I trust your commitment to participate. While I understand life happens, please be respectful of my time and the time of the other participants.
Can I give a class as a gift?
Please see Cooking Class Gift Certificates.
What if I have an allergy or food preferences?
Most of the classes are intended for specific diets (e.g., vegetarian, gluten-free, low-carb lean proteins, etc.), or I can accommodate your needs. Please let me know, and together we’ll find the best solution.
How can I ask a cooking class question you didn’t answer here?
Feel free to leave a voice mail with your question and contact information at (512) 535-6921 or email me at [email protected]