Duration: 3 hours
Number of students: 6
Pricing: $65 per person
Diet: gluten-free, lean proteins
Thai food is one the most eclectic cuisines in the world because over time it has been influenced by many different cultures. The large variety of ingredients used in Thai cooking reflects the diversity of the climate zones covered by the territory of Thailand. People appreciate Thai food for its fresh ingredients, aromatic herbs, and tropical extravaganza. One of the things that made Thai food so popular on the culinary market over the last few years is the complexity of flavors. Thai cooks balance the range of vibrant flavors — a little sour, spicy, salty, and a sweet aftertaste — to make dishes remarkable and appetizing.
Price includes expert instruction, demo, practice, and tasting of 3 Thai curry dishes.
Thai Curries: Sense of Cuisine. Introduction to Thai flavors, curry pastes, nam phrik kaeng.
You will learn:
- Basic knife skills to work with vegetables
- Common basic and basic Thai cooking methods and tools
- Specific for Thai cuisine ingredients and where to buy them in Austin or on-line
- How to create and adjust Thai flavors to your individual taste
- Wellness benefits of some ingredients and cooking methods
- How to organize Thai cooking at home efficiently
- Sources to continue your culinary adventure
about Thai curry pastes, where to buy them in Austin, how to choose, how to use
home-made, adjusted to your personal taste red and green curry pastes, ingredients, storing, using
You will taste:
- Iced Thai Tea
- 3 Thai dishes cooked with 3 different curry pastes and meat/poultry/seafood/vegetables of your choice
Appearance. Please make sure your nails are well groomed and clean. If you have long hair, tie it back or cover it. Have comfortable clothes and shoes. I’ll provide you with an apron.
Please, let me know if you have any food or kitchen chemicals allergies.request class