Hi, I am Katya Lyukum. Welcome to my cooking lab!
Culinary coach and personal chef with extensive knowledge of cuisines from cultures from around the world. I invite you to share my discoveries.
For me, cooking started in my mother’s small apartment kitchen in Ukraine. We made simple meals with limited ingredients. My parents grew their own fruit, vegetables, and herbs to ensure their availability and quality for our family. Loving, caring and knowing what went into our food at home was a tradition. This was a small world with little to no access to cuisines of other countries.
When I came to the US with my family that changed. We are lucky to live in a place where the possibilities are limitless regarding what cultures we can learn from. With yet another step, our horizons broaden when we travel and venture outside our comfort zones like mine did when I got to taste real regional dishes around the U.S., in Scotland, Germany, China, France, Belgium, Japan, Spain, and other countries.
We all eventually return to our own kitchens, but now — with the world at our fingertips. My personal passion became my drive to develop my training and skills in the culinary profession. I sought out the training and job experiences below to follow my dream to deliver my discoveries and expert knowledge to others.
- Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts, Austin, Texas | Certificate in Culinary Arts | 2011-12
- Internships in acclaimed Austin restaurants Uchi, Contigo, and Siena Ristorante Toscana | 2012
- Escuela Internacional de Pastelería de Barcelona, Spain | Certificado Premier de Pasteleria Creativa | 2013
- Shenyang University, China | Course of Chinese Cuisine Chef Certificate | 2015
- Kharkiv State Academy of Design and Arts, Ukraine | MFA in Industrial and Graphic Design | 1988-2003